Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 26 and 27 adventures

Day 26
We chatted to Elle in the states on Skype this morning. Technology is amazing, we are so remote but can still do so much stuff.
Saw some WW2 plane wrecks near Bamaga. Mat and Lindsay and Di caught lots more fish. Coral trout, cod, trevally, sweet lip. Another awesome fish feast. Horses are roaming everywhere and one came into our
camp this morning. A bit different to the usual possum in the camp site. A croc has been sighted close by. The weekly boat from Cairns came in today so the 2 supermarkets are stocked up again. Fruit and veggies supplies were getting low. Lawrie had more boy time with Bennie which meant I was homeless and had to beg beer from Nicole who took pity on me. Lawrie was very cheerful when he finally came home to Seisia caravan park.
Day 27
Lindsay needed a recovery before we even left town today. Luckily we were at Bennies and he had trolley jack!
The tip! Spectacular! What more can I say. Except we'll be further north tomorrow on Thursday island. Also visited the 5 beaches with some very tight tracks. A few more scratches won't be noticed. Just Lawrie and me at Seisia tonight cos the others are camping at the 5th beach tonight. Lawrie and I have an early start to go to Thursday on Wednesday. I was just concentrating, trying to pay my final power bill online with dodgy Internet when I heard what I thought was someone coming up behind me. I could see Lawrie and thought it must be Bennie, all of a sudden there was heavy breathing in my ear and a strange noise. I turned and came face to face with a horse........scream and much amusement in the camp ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment